—by Adam Tarnowski, Senior Director of Sales and Marketing
IDC projects that the market for Enterprise SSDs will reach $10.7 billion by 2019 with a compound annual growth rate of more than 15%*. Clearly, SSDs have moved into the mainstream. But there are many competitors and hundreds of products to choose from—what are the key evaluating factors to select the right one for you?
HGST’s new white paper, Top Considerations for Enterprise SSDs – A Primer, will provide you with a deeper understanding of Enterprise SSDs. You will learn the following:
- What are the differences in SATA, SAS and PCIe interfaces
- How NVMe is a game-changer for the marketplace
- Why price/GB is a silly metric for any SSD
- How price/performance differs between devices at scale
- Formulas to equalize vendor specified endurance levels
- Coming trends like 3D NAND
- Optimized architectures for error handling and data protection
- Performance measures like IOPS, Throughput, Latency and Quality of Service (QoS)
In addition, several myths in the industry are debunked.
- Multiple SATA SSDs in RAID-0 are not cheaper and faster than a SAS or PCIe drive
- SSD endurance described in terms of DW/D for a specified time period is not always the same as the SSD’s warranty period
- QoS (metrics rarely revealed) are one of the most practical ways to evaluate latency
Download this comprehensive resource today, and become the voice of authority at your organization on what the key criteria are when investing in Enterprise SSDs.
* IDC Worldwide Solid State Forecast Update, December 2015